HOMEOWNER MAINTENANCE TIPS
When you purchase a new home built by Your Valley Builder, you can feel confident in the quality of your home’s construction … and you can continue to protect the quality of your home through regular home maintenance. A well-maintained home will increase in value and be a source of pleasure for years to come. Regular maintenance is the key. Inspecting your home on a regular basis and following good maintenance practices is the best way to protect your investment in your home. Establish a routine, and you will find the work is easy to accomplish and not very time consuming. Our Maintenance Tips include information on your HVAC system, plumbing and include home upkeep tips. If you have any questions or reporting repairs, please email customer service at: email@example.com.
MOST HOME MAINTENANCE ACTIVITIES ARE SEASONAL
Fall is the time to get your home ready for the coming winter, which can be the most grueling season for your home. During winter months, it is important to follow routine maintenance procedures, by checking your home carefully for any problem arising and taking corrective action as soon as possible. Spring is the time to assess winter damage, start repairs and prepare for warmer months. Over the summer there are a number of indoor and outdoor maintenance tasks to look after.
While most maintenance is seasonal, there are some things you should do on a frequent basis year round:
- Change your HVAC filters regularly
- Have your HVAC system serviced by a qualified service company every year
- Check the overall condition of your roof. Note the condition of all shingles and examine all roof flashing
- Replace the batteries on smoke detectors and carbon monoxide detectors
- Fire Sprinkler Manual
- Quick Tips
- English and Spanish Maintenance and Suggestions
- Additional Builder Disclosures
- Smoke Carbon Detector Manual (English)
- Smoke Carbon Detector Manual (Spanish)